Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

How do I put these snare wires on?

I don't know how to put these on because i'm kind of new on putting drums together plus this is like a japanese 1964 so it's not common I don't think. Any help? Maybe send me a picture of one put together correctly?

thanks!

1 attachments
My band's website!

http://www.chaseandtrinity.com/
Posted on 12 years ago

Duct tape. Lots of duct tape... and make sure you go right over the top hoop and onto the head, otherwise it might come loose :D

LOGOS - Vinyl Bass Drum Brand Logo Decals
http://www.ebay.ca/usr/barrhavendrum...p2047675.l2559

Barrhaven Drum Guy
Posted on 12 years ago

You are missing a rectangular metal bar (small and long, covering the 4 holes and a little more around).

The outer two of the 4 holes at your strainer have a screw thread in it. And the missing bar has two holes where you can put a screw through and then the screw goes into those threads and presses the bar tight to the metal surface at the 4 holes. In between you can fix a tape or the cords.

Many snare drums use this 'system' still today.

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 12 years ago

Hmmm... Thread the cord through either the inner two or outer two holes in your strainer mech (depending on how you want the snares to sit - whatever will do either way in this instance I think!) and tie a knot - Really - this is a no-brainer! Should be the same the other side, or not too dissimilar. Tie up nice n tight too....

Posted on 12 years ago

Yeah,

One end of each string goes in each of the outside holes--going up toward the batter head.

Then loop each if the the strings back down (toward the resonant head) through each of the two centre holes.

Tie knot, pour beer. Should work.

You may need some needlenose to work the string through.

Patrick

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here