Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

How deep are Ludwig Jazz fests?

Sometimes I read that they are 5" (appr. 12,7 cm) deep, other times 5 1/2" (appr. 14 cm).

I measured the shell from the top bearing edge to the bottom bearing edge and it's 13,5 cm (about 5.3") deep. So it's between 5" and 5 1/2".

Does someone know more about this?

Posted on 15 years ago

I'm not sure, but I do know that I have owned Pioneers that are/were both 5" and 5.5" -same shells, different number of holes. To be more specific, the 1964 Pioneer I own is a 5.5". I sold a B/O badged 1975-ish drum that was a 5" depth.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

From O-Lugs

I'm not sure, but I do know that I have owned Pioneers that are/were both 5" and 5.5" -same shells, different number of holes. To be more specific, the 1964 Pioneer I own is a 5.5". I sold a B/O badged 1975-ish drum that was a 5" depth.

Earlier ones were 5.5" and the later ones were 5"....somewhere around 1971 was when the change occured.

Posted on 15 years ago

OK, but how comes that my 1963 jazz fest is between 5" and 5,5"? Perhaps a 5,5" which was cut of too much?

Posted on 15 years ago

It's possible. I'd have to see detailed pictures to determine that. However there is also a chance that the shell came that way. Ludwig was sometimes notorious for being a little "off" in the details.Burger Kin

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

I took pictures but I can't get them upload, they're too heavy. I can send them to a e-mail address.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here