Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Hoshino drumset

For anyone near Hazel Greene AL. Here is a link to a Hoshino drum set for sale on ebay classified pages. Thought one of the MIJ fans might be interested in these. The kit looks like its is pretty complete.

http://huntsville.ebayclassifieds.com/musical-instruments/hazel-green/hoshino-5-pc-drum-set/?ad=17152221&msg=OUT_OF_AREA

Posted on 12 years ago

Nice...pics for reference:

Posted on 12 years ago

The link seems to be down. Anyone catch an email or phone number of the person selling this Hoshino Drumset? I have the same kit and would love to double it up.

Posted on 12 years ago

i know your post is going on almost 5 years old now , however i had a few questions regarding the kit, I also own one... its the same colour and its the same series, but i have double bass , with the 2 rack toms and a floor tom. I know alittle bit about the history of hoshino .. im just wondering if theyre worth holding onto. do you have any idea of the potential cash value. i havent put new skins on them since i got them or even played them. theyve just been on a shelf/rack in the garage since they were given to me. . i had a nice set of chrome tama rockstars and they were recently stolen from me . you said you had a set and im just wondering if the quality has gone up or down since hoshino became tama. the shells look like theyre still holding their shape, would painting them a different color affect the sound or is it better to keep that outdated goldish colour. to be honest i have only held onto the set because of the difficulty finding a drummer with his or her set that can either transport to and from practice or has a place that they can fascilitate tons of noise. . im more into guitar/vocals its just alot easier to just provide the kit.... then you can have everything ready to go whenever you wanna rock out... anyways.... yadda yadda yadda.. let me know... thanks

Posted on 8 years ago

The Company Hoshino were this Set is made has nothing to do with the Hoshino Ghaki Company that was known as STAR Drums and later become TAMA.

The Name of your Hoshino is Hoshino Koyougo (i hope it´s the right spelling) and it was a different company in Japan!

regards

Christian

Posted on 8 years ago

Very cool badge!!

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 8 years ago

Wow - those HHs that went with this kit were Camber Crystals - very cool and very rare.

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 8 years ago

From ChristianB

The Company Hoshino were this Set is made has nothing to do with the Hoshino Ghaki Company that was known as STAR Drums and later become TAMA.The Name of your Hoshino is Hoshino Koyougo (i hope it´s the right spelling) and it was a different company in Japan!regardsChristian

May I correct?

Hoshino Gakki = Star = nowadays TAMA,

Hoshino Kougyou = a totally different company with no relations Tama (although both were located in Nagoya, Japan).

;)

Cheers, Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 8 years ago

Thank you for the correction!!

Creighton

Nothing special here but I like them.
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here