Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Hoop Clips Repair?

Hi all, I have some clips that are old, 1920's/30's on a Universal model snare drum. A few clips are damaged. They've cracked from over tensioning the drum. I'm not sure of the alloy and I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck welding broken clips. I'm finding it difficult to source some replacement clips and wondering if I could just weld them for now.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on 9 years ago

Drumfactorydirect has them.

Hook, Vintage Single Flange Drum Hoop Chrome, Brass, Nickel, Aztec GoldCH-1

Hook, Vintage Single Flange Drum Hoop Chrome, Brass, Nickel, Aztec Gold

This is a single clip that is used with vintage single flange drum hoops. It hooks over the top of the hoop and has a hole in it to allow the tension...

Sale Price: $1.49

Our Regular Price: $1.57

We've taken an extra $0.08 (5%) off our already low price

... [click here] to select options and add to cart

BLAEMIRE DRUMS
Thanks to Mr. Jerry Jenkins
Posted on 9 years ago

From green glass drum

Drumfactorydirect has them.Hook, Vintage Single Flange Drum Hoop Chrome, Brass, Nickel, Aztec GoldCH-1Hook, Vintage Single Flange Drum Hoop Chrome, Brass, Nickel, Aztec GoldThis is a single clip that is used with vintage single flange drum hoops. It hooks over the top of the hoop and has a hole in it to allow the tension...Sale Price: $1.49Our Regular Price: $1.57 We've taken an extra $0.08 (5%) off our already low price ... [click here] to select options and add to cart

Thanks for this. I'll check them out.

Posted on 9 years ago
Action Another action Something else here