Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

Hollywood Meazzi President Series

I might have a chance to buy a Hollywood Meazzi President Series drumset.

The set is from the late 1960s and is in amazing condition.

It includes the rare and unique Multisound Tunable tomtom (floor tom with pedal) which works pretty much the same way timpani do.

The dimensions are the standard bebop sizes: 18", 14" and 12" (no snare drum).

The wrap is dark green.

For those unfamiliar with that brand, Meazzi was an italian maker in Milan that became famous in the mid-sixties thanks to endorsers like Max Roach, Billy Cobham and Jack Dejohnette.

Now to my question: how much do you guys think a kit like that is worth?

Thanks for your help...

[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j177/gregtheheart/MeazziMultisoundTunableTomtom.png[/IMG]

Posted on 17 years ago

Hi,

They were sweet drums. You rarely see them for sale.

There was/is a players kit for sale at this address:

http://www.ceroclondon.com/drums.htm

The price posted was 1200 Pounds UK which seems high to me.

I'd look at the prices offered for other contemporaneous kits from small manufacturers like ASBA, Cappelle in Europe, and smaller US companies like Fibes where the used market may not be as overpopulated.

Wouldn't go over $800, myself.

Hope you get them,

Patrick

Posted on 17 years ago

Just saw this post. Late 1960's, eh? Wow! Amazing! My Zickos drums are from the mid-70's and they utilize a VERY (almost exact) similar lug/clip design.

It would be difficult for me to valuate them since I have never seen drums like this before!...but with the history you have for them, they will probably fetch a nice amount to a collector. The pictures you posted of them on the other thread look like they are in almost mint condition. That aspect would mean a lot when it comes to a collector.

I think you found an incredible drum kit, my friend!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago

I think I did too... and I confirm: it's in an amazing condition.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here