Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Hollywood Meazzi Chrome Snares?

Anyone ever play one of these Italian-made snares from the 60s-70s? Or maybe the "Fran Co" or Wooding brand (same company)? Sound? Strainer functionality? Looks like they may be steel with die cast hoops but not sure as most info turning up is on Meazzi/Hollywood sets and zilch on the snares.

Posted on 7 years ago

I had a steel Wooding slip by me for a good price a month or so ago. The Trouble I have with Wooding is most search autocorrect to wooden.

63' Slingerland Gene Kruppa kit (W/ COB Snare)
64' Gretsch Bop kit
65' Ludwig Club Date kit
Posted on 4 years ago

I saw one on Ebay and it was up for the longest - it sold recently. Possibly the same one? I ended up buying an Italian "Fran Co." 10 lug steel snare on here 2 years ago. Great all purpose snare and part of the Meazzi Family. My most used studio snare at this point. Same everything as the Hollywood snare but the throw on mine is aftermarket and the badge is different.

Posted on 4 years ago

There's been one for around $450 or so for months, it was still there last I checked. The one I missed may have been somewhere else but it was just over $100 US.

63' Slingerland Gene Kruppa kit (W/ COB Snare)
64' Gretsch Bop kit
65' Ludwig Club Date kit
Posted on 4 years ago
Action Another action Something else here