Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Hey MIJ fans - you need one of these

If you consider yourself an MIJ fan and do not have one of these - you should snag this up. These are GREAT sounding snares - with an adjustable butt (you can see it in the pic, and these are hard to find) - and (if correct) will have what I believe to be the best vintage MIJ strainer there ever was.

Made by Pearl between 1972-74.

https://www.musicgoround.com/p/863063/used-tempro-pro-snare-drum-snare-drum-14

I had a great day! Instead of sleeping in and wasting the day, I got up at 8 and I had all my slacking done by noon!

2Timothy1:7
Posted on 6 years ago

John is right. I bought the same in a Whitehall recently. Was really impressed with the adjustable snare butt. I've seen these in 8 and 10 lugs. Mine is ten. Sounds amazing. I recently saw this same layout with a Majestic badge as well. Good stuff!

Mike

1 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

I got mine actually about a year ago. Love it. One of the best decisions I ever made.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 6 years ago

$39 and $40 to ship it? Uh, no thanks. It doesn't cost that much to ship a snare drum. Somebody is making money on that.

Posted on 6 years ago

Well, I would just consider that a 79 dollar drum with free shipping. Not too bad! I have inquired before and gotten a 20-25 shipping quote on snares.

Mike

Posted on 6 years ago

From DrumBob

$39 and $40 to ship it? Uh, no thanks. It doesn't cost that much to ship a snare drum. Somebody is making money on that.

That's what bugs me about Music Go Round. They usually have very fair prices, but their shipping charges are outrageous. They very clearly want to make money on shipping. I'm not sure if it's to deter "out of towners" from buying online, because they are big into being a "local community" store. On a lot of items on their website, they say that shipping is not available and is only available for in store pickup.

I've talked to multiple store managers about arranging to ship on my Fedex account. I told them I would schedule a pickup in their store, and I would email them the shipping label and all they would have to do is pack it up and attach the label, which I would gladly pay a reasonable "upcharge" on the item for. All of them were very resistant and flat out wouldn't do it, because they don't make any money on shipping that way. They didn't say that directly, but I know that's the reason. I like Music Go Round, but the closest one to me is more than 100 miles away, so "in store pickup" is not an option for me, unless it's something worth driving 100 miles for. I just think it's bad for their overall business to deter online shoppers from buying because of the exhorbent shipping charge.

Posted on 6 years ago

I own 3 of these drums w/o the butt-side adjuster. I love them all, but especially the 8-lug 5 1/2 X 14 "Dixie". My favorite...

Posted on 6 years ago

Count me in! I own an Dixie branded 5 1/2" x 14" ten lug and it's a beautiful sounding drum. Worth paying up to $100 shipping included for sure! Yes Sir

Posted on 6 years ago

From DrumBob

I've shipped four or five this year at around those prices, so if anyone is making money it's Canada Post/USPS.

1964 Ludwig Champagne Super Classic
1970 Ludwig Blue Oyster Super Classic
1977 Rogers Big R Londoner 5 ebony
1972/1978 Rogers Powertone/Big R mix ebony
60's Ludwig Supersensitive
Pearl B4514 COB snare ( the SC snare)
Pearl Firecracker
PJL WMP maple snare
Odds & Sods

Sabians, Paistes, Zildjians, Zyns, UFIPs, MIJs etc
Item may be subject to change!
Posted on 6 years ago