Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Hey guys, Im new, here's my kit

Hi guys, my name is Sam and I'm new to this forum.

Here's a bit about me. Im 19, I've been playing drums for 6 years, and I'm a C&C drums endorsee.

I recently picked up a 1961 vintage Ludwig 3pcs in (now vintage) Sky Blue Pearl with transitional badges, except the floor tom has the 59 badge on this. The date in the 59 badge tom is dated 1960, but it has straight legs. I've read that at the time, Ludwig used what they had in the shop for their kits, and some kits have different badges and what not.

I bought the kit from a big local drum shop for $1500 CAD, and didn't get the matching snare because it was another $1000.

Was $1500 good for this kit? Its sounds stellar, and there is no warping, except for one kick drum hoop.

Here's some pics of the kit, the link is to a public view of one of my facebook albums. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=86002&id=501677968&l=33ea56e331

Posted on 14 years ago

Sam, great to have you with us, you are the future of drumming, congradulations on your kit it looks great, ludwig drums are the stuff!!! you could get a snare drum off ebay for much less than the $1000.00 the shop was going to hit you up for, got a question for you have you tried your mounted tom on the consolette mount, i mount most of my toms on a snare stand also, but the kits that i have with a consolette i really like, hey great to have you, here,, Welcome

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Hey, thanks for the reply and the warm welcome Cool Dude.

Yeah I've used the mount, but wasnt too big of a fan of it, mostly because I like the control I have over the placement of the tom when its on a snare stand or off of a cymbal stand. I'm a lefty who sets up right and like having the rack line up with my snare as evenly as possible too.

I think one day I'd like to get the matching snare, but first on my list is a new (old) hoop and another front skin.

Posted on 14 years ago

Welcome! Your kit looks great. Is this the one they had at Paul's Boutique all summer?

Kits:
1950s Gretsch Name Band in Midnight Blue Pearl (13/16/22/14sn)
1965/66 Ludwig Club Dates rewrapped in Black Diamond Pearl (12/15/20)
Posted on 14 years ago

You should be able to get a chrome Supraphonic to match that for anywhere between 200 and 350USD dependent on condition. Matching wood drum I'm not so sure of. But the Supras are plentiful and, well, classic.

Posted on 14 years ago

It might have been in Paul's Boutique, but I grabbed it from Drummers Choice in Brampton.

On a slightly related note, I LOVE Pauls Boutique.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here