Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

Help!!!what Is This?

Help2 What is this snare drum? This drum,and the one drum hoop,were discovered in my friends attic while we were cleaning it out.They are his,but he'd forgotten about them as they had been up there for a few years.he would like very much to know what they both are,in terms of make,model,year etc:I have been given the strenuous task of getting the dust and grime off these little wonders.Oh Joy!

Any information you can give me would be great!

Thanks,

Best wishes to all for this new year(i know its a bit late,but i still mean it)

Yours,Jones the drumKeep on Pl

Posted on 14 years ago

Man that is crazy!!, someone will know what it is!?!?!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

The hoop is a 70s/80s Rogers Dynasonic snare hoop. Has the guards for the snare frame. No idea on the drum.

Posted on 14 years ago

Wow thats a crazy looking drum..this is just a guess-maybe a old premier or john gray drums or some other made in england drum company..I have no clue but by the lugs they look like slingerland but are not--the muffler looks like a old 40s-50s premier--but the nuts on the strainer look Sonor to me...Is the shell brass or chrome over steel??Maybe one way to fine the maker is too remover one of the lugs and see if any numbers or writing is on the lug?? Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

It almost appears as though the supersensitive type assembly was put on wrong and is now on the outside of the drum. Strange brew.

Posted on 14 years ago

This looks similar to one of the Joe Thompson prototype Dynosonics that are pictured in the Rogers Book on page 100 (bottom). Its not an exact match, but close? Anybody else?

James

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here