Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.46555%

I have this set and need help ! Best I can tell it's a 1979 oakwood there seems to be very little info on this set . Please let me know what you think and any info or links to info thank you john

12,13,16 and 22x14

[IMG]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc250/ttwoslow/slingerlandoldenglish004.jpg[/IMG]

Posted on 14 years ago

Not sure what else you need, but here goes:

The only item that I'm not 100% on is the outer ply - I can't recall if they actually used oak or if they stained the maple. My mahogany kit is stained maple. Others may step in and verify this point.

3 ply shells - Maple,Poplar,Maple (should see a large 'M' stamped on the inside of the shells denoting these are to be lacquered as opposed to pearl wrap)

This kit is either a 50N New Rock or a 2R Modern Solo - depending on the original hardware - 50N = heavier duty hardware with tripods - 2R = flat base stands (excellent hardware!)

Both would have come with the 5x14 chrome snare

Bearing edges are somewhat rounded over

Shells are a bit thinner than others due to the Maple inner and outer. Maple plies were cut thinner than the Mahogany plies that were used for under the wraps. This gives the shells a bit of a mass relief and a nice thin resonance chamber.

The sound is unmistakable. They are warm, deep, and very round. Very vintage sound.

The bottom line is this - I would take this kit in a heartbeat. I would trade a nice Ludwig kit with a snare for this one. I am a sucker for light wood kits.

Anything else? There are others that could probably tell you who actually worked the finish on this one. I'm just not that swarmy.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here