Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Help with vintage cymbal stands identification

Hi everybody,

First of all, as a newbie here, I want to say Hello to the great vintage drum forum community.

I was wondering if you guys could help me to identify the straight cymbal stands as well as the hi-hat stand in this picture? I think it's Premier Olympic stands, but I'm not sure.

What are your guesses?

Thanks a lot!

Many

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

My guess is Premier/Olympic, as well.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

The hi-hat is a Ludwig Spurlok - I think. I'm not sure of the exact model.

On the other hand, they might be from a Japanese stencil kit for all I know. It's hard to tell from that picture.

Welcome to the forum, btw.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

The hi hat is Gretsch-they had that pedal for many years.And I think you are right about the Olympic stands.

Posted on 14 years ago

From O-Lugs

My guess is Premier/Olympic, as well.

My Guess is also Premier/Olympic stands snare and cymbal late 1960s-1975..The Hi-hat looks to be ludwig 1960s--I don't think it is a 1960s gretsch-- legs and base part would be up more on stand..Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

That hihat is in the picture of the "Progressive Jazz"set in the 61 catalog on this site.

Posted on 14 years ago

I've got Premier snare and cymbal stands from the early to mid 70s that look exactly like the ones pictured.

Posted on 14 years ago

Many thanks for your replies, guys.

We try to find these stands for a museum exhibition, here at Montreal, but they seems to be pretty rares. We need vintage stands (Gretsch or any other "compatible" brands) to expose with a vintage Gretsch drum kit from the 1960s.

If you know someone (preferably near Montreal) whom could lend us these stands, please let me know. I will much appreciated it. :o

Have a good day!

Many

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here