Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Help! With vintage Cannon snare!

So I have this cannon snare shell with the hoops and I want to see how it sounds. Its a maple shell and is a 6.5X14...my main concern is how to deal with the strainer/snare situation..it has the original strainer but i just cant figure out how to mount up a modern day snare to it..here are pics of the strainer and any ideas are greatly appreciated!!--ps the butt end is really wide and my pic didint come out of that but..thanks again

1 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago

From the photo you posted it looks as if the bottom of the strainer held a plate.Similar to whats on any other strainer just on the bottom as opposed to the side.This seems to be an easy fix as a small piece of metal with the right screws should do the job.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 17 years ago

ohh ok cool..yea that makes prefect sense..theyre like little clamps. on the butt end thats missing the other small piece of metal as well so perhaps I need to do some fabricating haha. Thanks for the advice!

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here