Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

help with premier resonator drums

D' Drummerhello everyone this is my first post.i have 2premier resonator drums,bass drum and tom tom,how do u access the internal harware to take off the lugs underneath the white inner layer? any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated thanks

Posted on 13 years ago

I had a kit of Resonators back in the 80s and removed the "resonator" ply using a putty knife to lift where the seam joined together. But you have to be careful cause the ply is very thin and held in a considerable tension.

Posted on 13 years ago

The vintage premier drums site run by Tam Rankin has some

useful info here

http://vintprem.moonfruit.com/#/repair-sheets/4536800167

Posted on 13 years ago

I restored some resonators and it is tricky getting those inner shells out. Even tougher getting them back in and the mufflers . Those inner shells are flexible but you have to be very careful. Use a small putty or butter knife and work down one side of the seam and it will close in around itself. I used the diagram on the link in the previous post to go by. Just be cautious and take your time. It is easy to damage those inner plys.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here