Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Help With My Dynasonic.

Hey there I have posted this up before but, I figured I would just throw it up again. I am looking for an original strainer, snare rail, and snares for my 1968 wooden rogers snare. Any info would help. I am looking to fix it up and then sell it to help fund my schooling. Thanks in advance!

Posted on 14 years ago

What do you want for it as-is?

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

yeah man, post pictures!!!! what color!?

I'm starting my 4th year of architecture studies.. but that can wait! haha :P

Posted on 14 years ago

It is Gold Sparkle! It is quite the looker. I would like to get $1000 for it but i know that's a little steep. The pictures are not the best, I do have better ones i just can't find them at the moment. And sorry that they are mirrored, i took them with my lap top. Will post better pics soon.

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

pm sent!

-Chris

Posted on 14 years ago

fitzy: i have the snare rail and snare wires!

Posted on 14 years ago

Some things I recommend on this.

This drum is a 6.5 Dynasonic, and has a value, even in todays market, of at least 3K, restored acceptably to original.

In order to realistically hope to realize that kind of change for that drum, you will need to do some very specific things.

You need to establish a good level of authentication.

Whatever you know of the history of this drum is vital. Especially since there are some forgeries floating around that were generated in the late 90s and early 00s during the spike in Dynasonic prices. Some of them were extremely well done, and if I remember right, a couple people got burned really bad on forgery purchases.

High resolution, very detailed pics, from multiple angles, focusing on the cut of the edges, placement of the wrap overlay, position of the wrap joint, condition of the badge and grommet both inside and outside the drum, the interior, the lugs, etc.

You need more than just a few parts here to establish a proper value on this drum. You are offering a drum that has a much greater value for only a grand. That bothers me. I personally wont put out that kind of money on fuzzy pictures, and dont recommend anyone else do so either.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here