Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.86430%

Help with mount location

Could somebody please post a few pics to help me properly locate where the cymbal L-Arm mount/lug should go on my dad's '62 Slingerland 24" bass drum? I searched the gallery & the catalog scans but none of the pictures are at a very good angle to positivly verify. Also seems to be some varying locations in different years. In the '63 catalog scan, it doesnt appear the be "center" between the tension lugs and it's kinda "offset" closer to the front. Before I drill these two mount holes in this virgin shell I'd like for it to be spot-on! Thanks!!!

Posted on 12 years ago

It should really depend on where he wants it in relation to his arm position.

The Band

Never play it the same way once.
Posted on 12 years ago

Yeah, but I'd still like to know where Slingerland would had put it. Also, I'm on the hunt for a Slingerland cymbal L-arm/tilter assy to replace the beat-up, cheezoid mij piece that he was using.

Posted on 12 years ago

You need look no further than vintagedrumguide.com for you answer! Here's a link to a picture showing pretty much where Slingerland would mount the cymbal bracket. Hope this helps!

http://www.vintagedrumguide.com/images/catalogs/slingerland/1967-68_slingerland_1.jpg

Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks. That's the scan I found earlier that I was talking about. I just wish I could find a pic with a better angle of that side of the bass drum. Anyways, I went ahead and took orangemi's suggestion and put where where dad wanted it. Thanks guys for the responses! Keep on Pl

Posted on 12 years ago

I'm attaching a few pictures of a Slingy kit I had some years back. These two pictures should give you a very good idea of the standard position Slingerland used for the cymbal mount on a 22" bass drum.

2 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here