Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

help with installing a cymbal L-arm mount

I want to install an L-arm mount on a 14"x22" 10 lug 1979 Slingerland bass drum. I'm wondering if someone can tell me the correct location and demensions so it will look close to original.

Posted on 11 years ago

Hi Gerald!

Attached are pictures of two different 70's Buddy Rich kits I've had, showing the factory location of the shell-mounted cymbal bracket. As you can see, each was installed at a different location! Maybe subject to the whims of the factory installer?!!

Even though the bracket is more forward on the WMP shell, both brackets are centered between the lugs. My suggestion is to use that as a guide, but if you center the bracket front-to-back on the shell, or move it slightly forward, you'd still be correct. I don't have the actual measurements, but this should help you.

Mark

3 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

I'd assemble it and put your cymbal on it, then have someone move it around the shell and you try where the most comfortable location for it would be.

Then install it.

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 11 years ago

From Gilnar

I'd assemble it and put your cymbal on it, then have someone move it around the shell and you try where the most comfortable location for it would be. Then install it.

An excellent suggestion!

Mark

Posted on 11 years ago

From idrum4fun

An excellent suggestion!

This is the only way to do this. I have three different bass drums, different sizes, tom mounts, etc., and each one mounts the ride cymbal shell holder in a slightly different place. I mounted the first one as shown in photos and it's simply not in the right place to really play. The second one I temp-mounted with duct tape to the shell and played it for a week or so until I felt it was where it needed to be for me. Also, the size of the cymbal, and the depth of the bass drum (14? 16?) can have an effect. You have to set that cymbal mount where it works for you.

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here