Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Help With Identifying This (Rogers?) Vintage Tom Arm

Hi all,

I recently acquired this vintage tom arm. As you can see by the photos, it has a hexagon-shape rod with a swivel arm (similar to that of the Rogers Swivomatic arm of the circa 1960's). The length of the Rod from bottom to the ballbarring is approx 9.5 inches and the width of the rod is approx 3/4 inch. You will also see the tom mount that came with it. The only word printed on the side is JAPAN. I am thinking it may be from an early Japanese stencil kit however, it does look remarkably like a Rogers tom arm and I'm sure will fit the Rogers drums perfectly. Any help identifying this would be greatly appreciated! Cheers Grant

5 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Yup...it's a Japanese copy of a Rogers Swivo-matic-like system. I think it is a Pearl. It looks cool!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

It should not fit.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 16 years ago

Hello,what You Have Is A Pearl Copy Of Rogers,pearl Shows This Mount In The 1974-75 Catalog.i Will Try To Post Photo Of Page In A Day Or Two If You Like...if You Need The Bass Drum Mount For Your Parts.please P.m. Me,i Do Have Some N.o.s. Ones For Sale...mike P.s The Part [arm] Will Not Fit A Rogers

Posted on 16 years ago

Hi guys,

Thanks very much for your feedback...very much appreciated! So, it's a Pearl copy of the Rogers Swiv-o-matic arm that does not fit the std Rogers sizes...that's actually good to know, cheers!

If you were to sell this item, how much do you think it may be worth in today's market (keeping in mind it's in pretty good shape)!

Cheers

Grant

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here