Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Help with identification of marching snare

Hello all. I just acquired a Pearl Marching snare. The tag has been removed on it so I'm not sure which model it is. Is it a FFX? Champion? It's in need of the throwoff assembly on at least one side. I would love to have the correct era tag as well. Any idea's where to get the parts needed to make this snare function again? What are the parts missing? I know it's a throwoff or adjuster that's needed, and of course the strainer, but does anyone know what I should look for? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have always wanted a decent marching snare and I finally got one, I think, just in need of some info to point me in the right direction to get it playable again. Oh, any way to remove yellowing? Thanks All!!

Posted on 18 years ago

Is there a second set of snares under the top head?

Or was there possibly one at one time?

David

Posted on 18 years ago

No second set under the top head. I don't think there was any. I looked on the Pearl website and the throwoff looks like that champion series but I'm not sure. Definately free floater and all maple shell with some wicked wide snare beds.

Posted on 18 years ago

ok. Here's what I got from Pearl:

Hi Dean,

The Pearl Championship series FFX drums do not have a second snare

system

under the batter head. People do confuse the Championship drum with

the

Yamaha MTS drum.

But he could not really identify it because I do not have a serial number nor a badge plus the fact I can't send a pic through their website. He did seem to lean more towards a Championship snare from the description but could not be 100% sure. So, I'm still looking for some help here. Thanks David for you willingness to always help, and providing a great site by the way!! Thanks to all, for the great info and specs you provide to me, and others, as I'm just starting to really get into this vintage drum thing!! I'm bound and determined to make this my baby!! Excited

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here