Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Help with I.D.

So I found this clear acrylic snare on ebay and pounced on it as the price was right. Got new Gibraltar rims, snares, new heads. I'm not sure as to who possibly made it though. It has a Made In Taiwan style strainer, but I don't recall any acrylic drums being made in Taiwan. I know obviously Ludwig,Slingerland,Tama,Pearl, Sonor and maybe one other, but this doesn't look to be any of those, nor a newer RCI shell with whatever hardware. I added the CB lugs as the one's it had were junk. It sounds great and I love it regardless of who made it. Just wondering if I can place it.

3 attachments
18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 6 years ago

Not sure how to id it, but I do know that Star made some clear acrylic drums in the early 70's.

Mike

Posted on 6 years ago

That is correct, and from what I've seen this doesn't appear to be a Star, or any other major brand. I'm curious as to if this is a rare bird. There doesn't seen to be any extra holes or signs that the strainer wasn't original to the drum. It does kinda scream that is a typical MIT snare, but it's acrylic. I have a couple steel shells with that strainer and the Pearl generic lugs as came on this. But it being acrylic has me a little taken back.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here