Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Help With I.d Of Rogers Lugs

Hello To All,question For You Guys..what Year Did Rogers Used These Lugs See Photos...the Best I Can Tell The Set I Have Is A Buddy Rich "celebrity" 4 Pc,drum Size Is 14x22,toms Are 9x13,16x16 With A Wood 5 1/2x14 Snare,,rogers Catalog Shows The Set With A Dyna-sonic Snare The One I Have Is Not.snare To The Best I Can Tell Has Orchestra Strianer...shells Are Grey Inside With No Paper Tags..any Info..i Will Try To Post Photos Of The Hole Set In A Day..thanks Mike

2 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Thats the Beavertail lug, although your pic leaves much to the imagination. 1963 onward. Flat gray drums with beavertails would have tags that say Cleveland (63-66) And then Dayton (66-67/8). Rogers snare drums should be 5 inches in depth, not 5.5. Dynasonics have ten lugs. Icant tell what that strainer is.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 16 years ago

Ploughman!...

That's the "Orchestra" model strainer... although we can't see if there is a "twist" at the top of the lever arm... but my guess would be that there is. Having said that:

This strainer... ( with the "twist" ) ... was used from 1960 on, although it's name was also changed to the "Universal" in 1960. The thing is, I can't seem to find one drum that has the "Universal" strainer AND Beavertail lugs, with the exception of the 1964 "Student Model" snare drum... but that is of course, a 6 lugger. More pics will help to dial this in of course!

Tommyp

Posted on 16 years ago

Hi,i Will Try To Post More Photos Today If I Can Make Them Small To Fit..as For The Snare Its A 8 Lug,inside Drums[all] Are Grey,with No Paper Tags??... I Did Not Think That Beaver Tail Lugs Look Like That Rounded [[not Slope At End ]]. Is The Ones I Have On Set Are They Earlyer Ones??thanks Mike

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here