Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Help with dating Rogers drums...

Hello Everyone. This is my first day on the site as well as first posting. I was GIVEN a set of rogers drums about 12 years ago and just pulled them out of storage to set them up in my new house where I have room. I am missing a snare drum so I went looking on line to find one to match my set. Here's what I know about it ( pictures to follow soon), They are "holiday" model, blackdiamond pearl finish which is sttill nearly flawless, silver script rogers badge. The set consist of bass drum, 20 x 14(?), 2 mounted toms 12 x 8 and 13 x 9, floor tom 16 x 16 and original hi-hat set up but no kick pedal. The measurements may be slightly off (I'm a guitarist first but like all good musicians I have the heart, if not the talent, of a drummer. No cymbals. I believe it may be a 1961 set but not sure. Would love any help you could give me in helping to identify the set and get some idea of it's value.

Thank you,

Minnow2112

Posted on 14 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Hi and Welcome. Just a quick note....probably posted in the wrong section. Find a moderator to move it.

Do the drums have interior tags ???? If so, what are the serial #'s and do the tags read Cleveland, Dayton, or Fullerton ?[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks. I'm new to the site. will make corrections in the morning

Posted on 14 years ago

Nice way to make friends Jaye......

Minnow, welcome to the forum. The area where you posted is for pictures, a mod will take care of that, let's talk Rogers!

Post some pics when you can, a lot of help can be found here regarding Rogers drums. Tommyp and Ploughman are probably the best here.

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks backbeatkeeper, Or should I say Doc Holiday?

Posted on 14 years ago

From minnow2112

Thanks backbeatkeeper, Or should I say Doc Holiday?

Well, I do fancy a good bottle of bourbon, am pretty adept with a shooting iron and have been known to start trouble.....;).Just call me BBK, it's easier to type

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 14 years ago

Welcome!! Yep couple guys out here can just about nail it down to the day of the week they were made...

Looking forward to some shots.. BDP great vintage finish!!

Rough guess-timate Ebay 'completed" auctions as them going for $1000 to $1200.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here