Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

help to find info on these gretch drums

i found some 70's gretch blackhawk drums....the info ive found on the net says that the blackhawks of the present are beginner drums....so how bout the 70's blackhawks ...are they made cheap and is it considered beginner drums.....the guy is selling for $800 with cymbals ...what do you know or think about this kit

Posted on 14 years ago

They are Gretsch in name only-imported generic drums.No better or worse than Exports,Rockstars,Black/White Ludwig Rockers,Cannon......a million different drums all comperable.You'd do better with $800 by shopping Craigslist-I just got a Rockstar 5 piece set,no hardware but with a Camco snare drum,for $75.

I found the Blackhawk hardware to be of poor quality,easily stripped or broken.And I am not abusive,rather the other way,overly careful.I've owned one,a little newer than that one,but not much.Cost me $50 without hardware or cymbals,but 5 piece.I think the logo lug drums are 1 year only,but so what?That set is a $450 set.Only because it's complete.

Note:another drum that used these lugs-ADAM-and the logo was also pressed into the void in the lug itself.

Posted on 14 years ago

Way overpriced!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here