I have a Slingerland snare drum that has some issues. The badge indicates that it is about 1956 to 1959, and the shell and lugs are in excellent shape. But someone has either removed the wrap or refinished the natural mahogany shell. And the orignal strainer was replaced by a Yamaha or something like that. The top rim is not Slingerland, but the bottom snare rim is Slingerland. It even has a Slingerland snare head. That said, it is one of the most responsive snare drums I have ever played, and that includes my wood shelled Dynasonic. As some of you know, I am not a purist, but I would like the drum to have a Slingerland stick-saver top rim and a Slingerland strainer. If it isn't to costly I'd like to restore those items. What do you all think of a drum like that? Again it's the old idea of who wants it and for what reason. Like I said, the drum sounds fantastic in spite of the insults it has been given. It is, after all, a Slingerland drum. If anyone has a Slingerland rim and/or strainer that would grace this old drum, please let me know.