Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Help required

Hi all. This may be an odd request, but I’m getting a bit desperate. I live in New Zealand, but because we have a very small vintage drum market, I end up buying most of my drums from the US on eBay. Quite a few sellers won’t ship to New Zealand so as a back up, I have set up a PO Box in Portland OR which is managed by the New Zealand postal service. I get stuff shipped there and then they on-ship it back home. Simple.

Unfortunately, due (apparently) to COVID, there have been significant recent restrictions imposed on sending goods back to New Zealand by this service.

I now have found myself in something of a predicament. I recently purchased a 1970s 26”x14” Ludwig bass drum which is now stuck in Portland and no means of shipping it home. NZ post have given me three options:

1- Send it back to the vendor and try to get a refund (unlikely)

2- Send it to another US address or

3 - They’ll destroy it.

I guess my request is this. Do any of you know another service that I could use to ship it back home? Or at a stretch, would any of you consider receiving it and shipping back to me, obviously with all costs fully reimbursed. It’s a bit of a long shot but I’m running out of options. Thanks

"If 'A' equals 'success' in life then 'A' equals 'X' plus 'Y' plus 'Z' where work equals 'X', 'Y' is play and 'Z' is keeping your mouth shut" - Albert Einstein.

1920s 14"x5" Ludwig Super Sensitive Dual Snare
1957 6 1/2" x15" Slingerland WMP Concert King
1938 8"x15" Leedy Broadway Standard
1947-53 14x6.5" NOB Ludwig & Ludwig Universal
...plus a bunch of mismatched Slingerlands that collectively make a pleasing noise.
Posted on 2 years ago

Sorry for your predicament. Yes I hear NZ is way over the top with restrictions (based on what I've read anyway).

I've actually shipped a Slingerland snare to NZ a few years ago with no problems at all.

I've also had United Parcel Service (UPS) package and ship for me before. It's costly but they do a great job. There is a Customer Care Center location in Portland. Perhaps if you called them they could work this out for you.

https://locations.ups.com/or/portland/customer-center-011243.html

The greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you. - Joyce Meyer
Posted on 2 years ago

Thanks very much Larry - much appreciated. NZ had a really good outcome with the first round of Covid last year, mainly due to its geographic isolation - a total of 25 deaths only. Being 2000 km from your nearest neighbour has some advantages! Unfortunately, our government got very complacent and completely overlooked the imminent arrival of the Delta strain this year and forgot to get a vaccination program rolled out. We're now paying the price for that oversight!

I'll check out UPS and see what they say.

"If 'A' equals 'success' in life then 'A' equals 'X' plus 'Y' plus 'Z' where work equals 'X', 'Y' is play and 'Z' is keeping your mouth shut" - Albert Einstein.

...plus a bunch of mismatched Slingerlands that collectively make a pleasing noise.
Posted on 2 years ago

Seems like Revival Drum Shop in Portland ought to be able to help?

John

John/Levelpebble

Tama Superstar 81 Aqua bop
Rogers Cleveland BDP (x2), Silver bop, Champagne, Black/Gold Duco, WMP, Blue sparkle; Dayton Red Onyx;
Camco Oaklawn 12 14 20 5x14 Tuxedo WMP
LW 59 SC Blue Sparkle, WMP
WFL Gold Sparkle SC, WMP Compacto
Gretsch 49/50 Broadkaster WMP
Fibes Copper Forte
Remo MasterEdge Bop, Gold Crown, Mondo
Slingerland Conway Black Satin
70's MIJ Del Ray, my first and fav ok I'm lying here
Way Too Many Snares, She Says
Posted on 2 years ago

From levelpebble

Seems like Revival Drum Shop in Portland ought to be able to help?John

Thanks very much. I’ll check them out.

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here