Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Help pricing a ludwig set

Hey, i have a black ludwig set with serial numbers in the 1344000's. It has a bass, 2 mounted toms and 2 floor toms. no matching snare. Also, original speedking pedal and hardware/cymbal stands. It has the blue/olive badges so i think it is about 1977ish. Anyway, i was wondering about value. I currently have it listed at $700, but that was before i did some research and found out how old it was. i also have A. Zildjian cymbals that i haven't been able to date but they look pretty old, lol. They are pre-black stamp if that is any indication. so, if anyone has a good resource for looking those up it would also be appreciated.

thanks guys.

Posted on 17 years ago

There's no accurate way to appraise anything without pictures. If your black cortex, late 70's Ludwigs are in great shape, then $700.00 sounds about right. If they are scratched up, dented, lifting seams, damage to the badges, any alterations, etc., then start subtracting. The hardware package will add some value if it is in good shape, however.

Try asking about the cymbals in the cymbal section of this forum. As far as I know, the older A's are starting to be pretty desirable...but yours sound like they might be circa 70's -ish along with your drums. A's are So plentiful, they just don't seem to command a high value at the moment. Many of them sound great, though.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here