Recently bought a vintage Ludwig KB/BB Supraphonic from e-bay with the primary intention of turning it into a super sensitive drum; have a p70 strainer mechanism ready to go.

Now, the shell itself exhibits severe chrome plating flaking off in various areas, but am planning to get it off as best as I can, then wet sand and buff until I attain a finish similar to that of my '66 KB/BB Acro, which is in pristine condition.

The one enticing aspect of the e-bay listing regarding this snare drum was the seller's assertion that the rims are chrome over-brass (COB); if they are then will be installed on my '66 KB/BB 6.5" super sensitive snare; if not then will remain with the intended project.

At any rate, the baseball bat muffler's lever and white felt piece plus Keystone badge and plastic-ended snare wires all seem to be in excellent shape (strainer is missing, tho), which is yet another plus.

However, to complete the SS project I need to know if the exhisting throw-off hole pattern is compatible with the p70 strainer, plus the diameter size and location placement of the center rod bushing's holes.

Am hoping someone here can help me with this direly needed information. Thanks!... :)

-elcid