Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Help Needed Regarding Rogers' Lugs

I've seen several listings on-line for vintage Rogers' snare drums with posts that state the drums originally had Bread & Butter lugs which were switched out for Beavertails.

I'm fully aware of the cracking problem with the B&Bs and can only assume that, in most cases, that was probably the reason for the switch. However, what I'd like to know is if the two lug types are interchangeable. In other words, would I be able to replace original B&B lugs with beavertails without having to either modify the factory-drilled holes in the shell or actually drill extra holes (which I wouldn't want to do)?

As usual, any and all "words of wisdom" would be greatly appreciated.:Santa:

Happy Holidays to all!

Posted on 15 years ago

In Rob Cook's "The Rogers Book" it says there were three different generations of the Bread and Butter lug and all had different length and hole spacing. It cautions to give exact measurements if seeking replacements.

The book shows large beavertail spacing at 2 5/16 (bass) and small beaver tail (concert snare) at 1 3/4.

So there is some information that doesn't help answer the question at all.:o

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

You will need to modify holes to go from BB to Beavertail in my experience.. I have done a couple of shells already altered and none lined up exactly.

BB lugs only had screw holes drilled for mounting. Beavertail need larger holes since they have external shoulder pieces for screw holders.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here