Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Help needed from the Rogers experts!

Here are some nice Rogers drums I picked up with the intent of flipping.

I'm just trying to get a little more info as I start to clean them up and get them ready to sell.

1) Can you tell right away what era the three 13,14,24" script logo drums are? The two toms have the remains of stickers but just white paper with no print left. All three have original grey interior and swivo mounts. I haven't looked real close, but the 24" seems very light and am guessing 3 ply. All have re-rings. Bass drum is missing spurs and does not look like original t rods.

2) My Big R 18 x 16" FT (the interior pics) has some strange looking straight-line separations in the paint but doesn't appear to be structurally damaged.

It's almost like the inner shell was built in pieces from the factory and the paint has cracked at those seams. This drum is still in round,with nothing causing any alarm from the exterior and sounds like a cannon!

Have any of you seen this before?

3)How would you split these up for sale? Initially, I'm thinking 14,18,24 as one set, 13 16,22 as the second and sell the 12 Big R, 13 script and Swivo stand seperate.

I'm not an expert on any of this, so I welcome any suggestions.

I know I do not want to strip any drums for parts, I like to keep them together when possible.

Thanks for your time,Randy

Posted on 10 years ago

Beyond the period of my knowledge, so I defer to the other guys. All look to be at least into the early 70's. White wrap was not very common on Rogers drums until that era either.

Posted on 10 years ago

Delamination of finish ply caused by lack of glue/poorly selected finish ply at the Keller factory. Shell should have been rejected.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here