Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Help my Rogers- Tommyp or anyone who can help...

I have posted in general ?'s and I cant seem to get a response, I was hoping to get some info on my Rogers set. Also it came with a 8'' and 10'' tom combo CB700 in the same wrap. A shame there not Rogers, but still a great bonus to have and hear.

My set includes:

12''x7'' A3675

13''x8'' A8542

16''x15'' A4248

22''x14'' A2431

pics included

"one thing I did was strip and re-varnish the bass hoops from black to natural to clean up there noticeable wear"

starting off I know there September of 1972 from there insignia maybe some kind of power tone or Londonor koa of some sort, or sort of ..................well I guess you see my delema

Posted on 17 years ago

iron city rocker!

Sorry I didn't see your question... I generally don't have a look in the "General Question's" section. Anyway,

Your kit is a Rogers "Londoner V", and the wrap is KOA. These are Fullerton, CA built Rogers, but being that they are late 1972/73 models, the drums still have the Swivo-Matic hardware, Knobby's, etc. By this time the hardware/mounts are all CAST as opposed to MACHINED, thus they are much more prone to cracking under stress/use... but they were "cheaper" to manufacture, thus insuring the bean counter's at CBS's bottom line... but I digress. So,

Shells are nice... bearing edges should be good... and overall they will posess that typical Rogers sound. Quality would soon start to suffer though... but I think your kit just slips in. By the way,

You should remove those bass drum hoops and paint them black again... that would be correct for this kit. Also, the rear T's and Claws on the bass drum appear to be Gretsch. They're not Rogers. I can't really see the front ones. You "might" want to change those out at some point... that is, if you wanted to make these look original. Also,

Your actual sizes are thus:

14X22

8X12

9X13

16X16

And this particular kit was cataloged/shipped with a 5X14 COB 5 line Dynasonic.

Value? Hard to say... typically, these year Rogers don't have the resale/collectible power of their earlier 60's bretheren, and, they always seem to be in either KOA or New England White! Regardless, they are still nice drums, and as I mentioned earlier, your quality level on the build/manufacture of these should still be pretty good.

Tommyp

PS: You really don't want to include the CB700 concert toms with this kit... ( although the wrap does match nicely! ) ... Those CB700's kind of bring down the value of the property! :-) Just funnin' of course! You can do whatever you want... they're YOUR drums!!

Posted on 17 years ago

Rogers used that 9/72 tag for a few years so many of the drums with that tag were made later...

Posted on 17 years ago

True enough, except iron city rocker's drums have all Swiv-O-Matic hardware, which puts them right in the area of manufacture on the serial number tags. If memory serves, Menriloc came out in 1976, so...

These drums could certainly be 72/73/74/75's... I don't believe there is an absolute way to date these. Regardless, these are earlier CBS/CA controlled manufacture. Outside of a "possible" bearing edge problem or two, they are still nicely made. That would of course change as time went on... and quality went in the toilet!

Tommyp

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here