Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Help... my legs are gone!!

Hope that got your attention. I just picked up a 1966 Leedy/Slingerland floor tom to go with my new/old Kent kit. It's missing the legs, leg mounts and muffler. I measured the hole spacing for the legs and it appears to be 2 1/4" hole to hole. Odd size?

Does anybody (A) have a set of mounts that will fit (B) Know of another mount, either vintage or new, that will fit or (C) have any other suggestions for getting my floor tom well... on the floor?

I checked out the Iso mounts for floor toms and it looks like a possible solution, but I'd love to have mounts and legs to cover up the PINK which is showing where the mounts used to be.

I up'd a picture of the kit as it is now in the gallery. The floor tom isn't an exact match, but it's a nice drum and will do until I find a proper Kent.

Also looking for the muffler if anyone has one.

Thanks - BD

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 16 years ago

Slingerland, Premier and Camco all had the same distance between the screws on the floor tom leg mounts. Camco is even sillier and more expensive to get than the Slingerland stuff so forget that (unless you find an abandoned Zicko).

However the recently deleted Premier leg mounts, which still seem to be pretty accessible (at least on this side of the pond), have a nicely rounded vintage-y look and with some old looking screws to replace the 21st century monsters they have on them, these could be a viable and financially reasonably alternative.

I recently found a guy in the UK with a Slingerland kit with Camco mounts - I swapped him (with a slight sweetener) so I could get the Camcos and he told me later the Premier stuff worked very nicely on the Slingy.

Cheers,

David

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here