Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Help me value this WFL floor tom!

Hi Everyone! I got this floor tom back in the 80's and its just been a great member of my kit. Now I am trying to put a value on it. It is gold flake with a red back ground. Anyone have a clue as to value and if it might be more than just 'special'? Seems to be original and unmolested. 16 x 14 (13 3/4?). Thanks for any help you might have! ~Mojo Man

3 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

It would be great to see the entire drum. Any floor tom from that era is probably in the $100 - $175 range.

Value is difficult because if two guys need that exact floor tom it goes way out of line..

What most of us do is just search completed Ebay auctions for Sold Ludwig floor toms and get a ball park range of values.

It may not be the same era or finish, but a rough estimate. Adjustments can be made once you have a starting point.

David

Posted on 15 years ago

That is very odd. I too would like to see the entire floor tom. It's hard to value as almost 75% of the WFL drums with zephyr lugs I see are wmp while the rest are either black pearl or a duco color. I have only seen a few sparkle WFL's and never did I notice that the sparkle finish had a red backround. That is very odd.

I am also going to guess that your floor tom is from around 1946. I don't think WFL had leg mounts in the late 30's and early 40's. I think those floor toms were using a cradle at the time. I think the legs appeared after WWII and since the classic lug appeared in 1947 that would put your drum around the 1946 timeline. Very cool piece. Good luck ever matching that to anything!

At least you already have the hardest piece to find as a lot of WFL sets were sold as a three piece without the floor tom!

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks to Kurt and David. Ive added a pic of the whole drum for you. Could you imagine if I found a gold and red sparkle kit somewhere? I would flip. I wonder who has the rest of this kit and if it is still even playable? What would make someone give up their WFL floor tom? Silly people are everywhere!

this is me 'everyday' set up. thanks and rock on....by the way, its not vintage (yet) but here's a pic of my '95 Studio Kings, my everyday kit!

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here