Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Help me please! I need to identify this

Hello from Spain!

This is my first post. I don't speak english so well, but I'll try to explain myself as good as I can

A friend of my uncle found an old drums in his closet last month. He gave the drums to me because he didn't play, so I'm triying to found which model is it. It's a Premier drumset, he thinks its around 1960's / 70's. I post you some photos:

First one is 13" tom. I removed black cover, and it revealed a mahogany colour under ir. Put an Ambassador on it, and this is the results (4 top photos are "before", the other ones "after":)

[IMG]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5381/restaura1kk9.th.jpg[/IMG]

Here is the snare... maybe Royal Ace looking at the badges?!? its 14" x 4", red sparkle colour (maybe was adquired apart from the other parts of the drumset, I thought that for the different colour it has)

[IMG]http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7935/bateria003fu1.th.jpg[/IMG]

Someone please help me! I would like so much to know the model... any question, write me to [email]ander_ubi_sunt@hotmail.com[/email]

Posted on 17 years ago

Can you get more pictures of that snare drum?

Different shots of the drum and better shots of the strainer, badge

and lugs.

Thanks

David

Posted on 17 years ago
Posted on 17 years ago
Posted on 17 years ago

The finish on those drums is very cool and in fact not that it changes things a great deal for you was that this was the first set that Ringo from the Beatles played.

You can find pictures of him on the Internet playing this color Premier drum set

I remember seeing a set on Ebay with the matching snare do rather well because of the Ringo connection.

The thing is that he was not known for that set and or color and the Ludwigs are worth the big bucks.

So does the snare drum have a badge?

David

Posted on 17 years ago

It had... but I have just noticed that there is a hole where the badge might be...

maybe it fell off, I'll look for it. The badge was exactly as the other ones in drums are.

You can also see in the last photo the "everplay snare head" on it. It has, anyway, standard 13" and 16" head on toms and 14" on the snare.

Posted on 17 years ago

Can't help on the snare but does not look like a Premier piccolo from that period. Premier set is definitely 60s and, from the look of your mounted tom (with what looks like the head rim hanging under the rim) may be in the so-called "metric" sizes - that is, not standard 13 but slightly over or under. Everplay did make their simple head for exactly these but nothing more sophisticated than that. Had a kit with a few of these. Drove me mad finally but great sounding drums.

Good luck on the snare.

David

Posted on 17 years ago

Hi This post is very old, but the Mahogany Swirl kit is a transition kit, the heads on the tom are metric with newer, post 1966 or so lugs and the older style badge. The same can be said of the floor tom. Ringo's Mahogany Duraplastic kit was much earlier with the older type lugs and piccolo snare.

The red snare is a Premier piccolo snare, wrong rims, should have diecast hoops and the snare mechanism is knackered

Posted on 17 years ago

please sell it to me please. I just started a tribute band and are looking for that drum kit for our cavern set. please?? name your price!!!1

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here