Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.45929%

Help me figure this Ludwig out.

I can't figure out from this picture what the floor tom is.. Possibly a newer Classic Maple? I know that the bass and mounted tom are super classics from 62 but I can't figure out what kind of mount for the tom cause I've never seen one and kind of makes me mad cause I want to purchase them but I know that isn't a factory Ludwig mount. Anyone have any comments on these drums please let me hear them cause I am questioning myself about buying them.

1 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

That almost looks like a marching tom for the floor tom. That hardware, to me, looks like the modular stuff from the eighties, hard to see on my screen. What are they asking? Is the snare included?

Posted on 14 years ago

It might be I can't tell just from the picture. I know with new Ludwig Classic Maple drumsets that "long lug" is an option but I don't know DOH we're still talking about price but after seeing these photos I honestly don't know how much I would consider paying, what would you guys pay just from this picture?! :(

Posted on 14 years ago

Thats either a converted marching drum or a converted long lug power tom.

Posted on 14 years ago

That tom is not a 1962? The only vintage thing in that picture are the bass and maybe the cymbals.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 14 years ago

Yeah that ride tom is weird. I'm not sure what it is. The bass drum looks like a real Ludwig Downbeat bass drum -not a Super Classic. Super Classics are 10-lug drums -FYI.

The hardware appears to be something like the Modular hardware, as mentioned. But, it, too, looks slightly weird.

The floor tom is a converted drum. The leg mounts are way too low on the shell.

That's what we call a "Frankenstein" kit.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

From O-Lugs

That's what we call a "Frankenstein" kit.

Very appropriate for this time of year.

Posted on 14 years ago

The bass drum has a Modular tom mount with a modular tom arm inverted to hold the newer tom. The tom looks to be a 9" x 10" which they didn't make in '62. O-lugs is right, that floor tom has had the leg mounts added...

MY Dirty Little Collection
Posted on 14 years ago

How much do you guys think the bass drum would be worth cause I think it's the only drum I would want to buy from this set!

Posted on 14 years ago

*In Halloween spirit*

With that ghoulish Modular mount on there, probably not much. There wouldn't be a ghost of a chance that I would pay more than $50.00 for it because I imagine there may be more tricks than treats.

That one cymbal stand is haunting. It's actually scary!

*Leaves to soap your windows*

Boo!

:)

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here