Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

help in identifying gretsch kit

hello

i'm trying to determine the age of a gretsch drumkit.

inside of the rack tom is a gretsch sticker with the following information:

model 4406

serial 07973

inside of the floor tom is a gretsch sticker with the following information:

model 4408

serial 13139

the bass drum only has tuning lugs on one side.

the kit has a black and gold varnish finish (original) and is round badge.

drum sizes:

bass drum: 22 inch

rack tom: 13 inch

floor tom: 16 inch.

i am trying to sell this kit, but before i do i would like to know how old it is in order to make an exact representation to potential buyers.

thanks for any and all help!

jason kahn

1 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago

email me at [email]backbeatkeeper@hotmail.com[/email] if you want to sell it!

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 17 years ago

hello

can anyone help me with determining the age of this kit?

or how much it is worth?

thanks!

jason kahn

Posted on 17 years ago

Hi -

I just picked up on your post, and will see if I can help. First you have to help me, here's what I'll need:

1. take off a head and take pics of the insides of the drums, and post them here or send them to [email]pointers@execs.com[/email]

2. take real close up pics of the bearing edges of all drums.

3. the drums make look cleans, but check for any signs of damage, extra holes, missing parts, etc, and tell me what you find.

Cheers!

Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

helloi'm trying to determine the age of a gretsch drumkit. inside of the rack tom is a gretsch sticker with the following information:model 4406serial 07973inside of the floor tom is a gretsch sticker with the following information:model 4408serial 13139the bass drum only has tuning lugs on one side.the kit has a black and gold varnish finish (original) and is round badge.drum sizes:bass drum: 22 inchrack tom: 13 inchfloor tom: 16 inch.i am trying to sell this kit, but before i do i would like to know how old it is in order to make an exact representation to potential buyers.thanks for any and all help!jason kahn

Strange that the bass drum is single tension . Floor tom legs are unoriginal .

I would say that the toms are circa 1961 . I assume the bass drum does not have a tag ? If it doesn't ( and never did ) it is probably a circa 1960 drum .

1963 Gretsch Progressive Jazz Champagne Sparkle
1967 Ludwig Super Classic Oyster Blue Pearl
Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Burgundy Spkl. bop
etc...
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here