Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Help IDing this hi hat Ludwig flat base

Hey, y'all...

This is one of the hi hat restorations I wen over the top on (what? again?), I think I ran out of the ADD meds!

ANYWAY I plan to sell it, probably on ebay, but I don't know what model it is... I see these listed as RINGO! hardware, which I think is utter crap.

So, for an accurate description, can you help with the model?

Thanks!

http://s645.photobucket.com/albums/uu172/wafulton/Ludwig%20flat%20base/

Posted on 12 years ago

yep that is a wfl 1121 stand. ringo actually played one of these first but played the 1123 shortly after. these are also commonly called speed king stands because of the pedal.

yours has the same bottom cup that the 1123 uses. it has the built in tilter for the bottom hat. the earlier models didnt have these. i added one to mine. they slip right on. they also made one last version of this stand that had conventional feet right before the 1123 came out. price varies on these.

if its nickel, its an 1120 model and i know someone that is looking for one. nice stand either way. i play one almost every day.

mike

Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks for the help, as always --

How can I tell if it is nickel? I tend to think it isn't, since it chromed, but... how would I tell?

These are great to play. And a lot of people don't know, but they are adjustable. You have to screw the footboard out of the rod to do it... I discovered that when I was refurbishing one for a friend.

Posted on 12 years ago

if the exterior is chrome finish, then its the chrome model like most are. actually chrome does have nickel underneath it though!

mike

Posted on 12 years ago

Okay, well, I'm selling this hat. I'm going to offer it here first, just because I think it's right up our alley. So to speak. In the 'for sale' section.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here