Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

help identifying a ludwig snare

Hi, can you help me date and identify a ludwig snare? It is approximately 7 inches tall and about 14 inches in diameter. It has a blue and olive tag. The serial number is 3009189. Also -- any idea what it is worth? Thanks!

Posted on 18 years ago

It would be helpful if you could provide a little more information. Is the drum made of metal or wood? Can you post a picture of it? The badge number indicates that it was made after 1979.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 18 years ago

It is a metal snare drum with a chrome finish. I'll try to post a picture for you. thanks for the reply.

Posted on 18 years ago

I have attached a picture of my Ludwig snare drum. It also has an internal damper. Any help in identifying it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

1 attachments
Posted on 18 years ago

Quoted post

I have attached a picture of my Ludwig snare drum. It also has an internal damper. Any help in identifying it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

The drum is a 70's or early 80's Ludwig Supraphonic 402 ( 6.5x14 ) . Great sounding drum used by John Bonham of Led Zeppelin and countless others . Enjoy !

1963 Gretsch Progressive Jazz Champagne Sparkle
1967 Ludwig Super Classic Oyster Blue Pearl
Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute Burgundy Spkl. bop
etc...
Posted on 18 years ago

Thank you for the help!

Posted on 18 years ago
Action Another action Something else here