Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Help identifying 60's (?) Yamaha bass drum pedal

Hello, I have not been able to find any information on this Yamaha bass drum pedal. It was listed on Reverb and came from Belgium. I can't imagine what the designers had in mind (just kidding there). The internal springs adjust from the top and it does have a noticeable squeak. I don't know why the posts have extra little ridges unless they are supposed to look like nodes on Bamboo. I did not see any markings other than the Yamaha on the foot board. The foot board is natural aluminum and the tower is painted gray. Thanks in advance, Joe

I will attach five more photos in a separate post.

(Happy New Year by the way)

Posted on 2 years ago

Here are five more photos. Thanks, Joe

Posted on 2 years ago

late 60's and first 70's 600 series pedal

1 attachments
Posted on 2 years ago

Wonderful. thank you so much. The only information I found on old Yamaha pedals is one blurry catalog page. I also have a Yamaha/Nippon Gakki pedal.

Posted on 2 years ago

Wow! Great information. I own that very same Yamaha 600 bass drum pedal.

It came with an early 70's Yamaha 5 piece Y badge D series kit. Sizes are 12, 13, 16 and 22 in Brown Willow with a 5x14 chrome steel snare. I purchased the kit years ago from the original owner.

The bass pedal was missing the round tension knobs to adjust the springs but was otherwise in good shape. I also have pieces of a Yamaha hi-hat stand that uses the exact same pedal plate as well as a snare and cymbal stand.

Posted on 2 years ago

That's a pretty impressive MIJ 60's pedal! Then, again, it was Yamaha, so maybe not too surprised! The Yamaha-built Rogers R-360/380 were much better than the dozens of other drums made in Japan at the time.

The 600 series pedal really looks like their version of the Ludwig Speed King!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago

I believe the brown willow kit is the D-22 model.

Cobalt Blue Yamaha Recording Custom 20b-22b-8-10-12-13-15-16f-18f
Red Ripple '70's Yamaha D-20 20b-12-14f
Piano Black Yamaha Recording Custom Be-Bop kit 18b-10-14f
Snares:
Yamaha COS SDM5; Yamaha Cobalt Blue RC 5-1/2x14; Gretsch round badge WMP; 1972 Ludwig Acrolite; 1978 Ludwig Super Sensitive; Cobalt Blue one-off Montineri; Yamaha Musashi 6.5X13 Oak; cheap 3.5X13 brass piccolo
Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here