Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Help Identify Piccolo Snare

Hi,

I'm trying to identify a piccolo snare that I just picked up today with some other drum equipment. It's a 14 x 4 (including rims) configuration, with a "goldish" colored shell. It's got some weight to it and it has 12 lugs. A magnet sticks to the rims, but not the shell.

I've asked the Webmaster to post a few pics of the drum for identification purposes. I have no interest in keeping this one, but I need to know which company manufactured it and what the "ballpark" value of the drum is for selling purposes.

ANY AND ALL information that you might be able to provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

THANKS in advance for your help!Car Driving2

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Looks a bit like a 'Doppler Drums' Brass snare. I think they are a Austrian or German company, but I think the drums are manufactured cheap in Asia. Compare with the drum on their website here (http://www.doppler-drums.com/snares.htm), and see if you think it is a match with model SD-107BS, 3rd from bottom of page. (PS, post back a review on how it sounds please.)

Posted on 16 years ago

MrBlues:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

There's no doubt in my mind that this is the drum. I can't believe that you found it!

I haven't had the chance nor the interest to play it, since I simply want to "move it out." I picked it up only because it was included in a "package deal" that I recently purchased. Any idea at all what it might be worth? Unless I can find someone who might have an interest in it, I guess I'll probably throw it out on E-Bay and see what happens. Nice heavy drum though.

THANKS AGAIN for your help. I definitely owe you one!Clapping Happy2

Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

...Any idea at all what it might be worth? ...

That same website has a pricelist here: http://www.doppler-drums.com/preislistedrums.htm, where it seems they have priced the drum new at 239 Euro. However, I seem to remember that they were selling them on ebay say 12 months ago with very low starting bids, and the bids mostly reached around 40 Euros. This was possibly as a special when they first introduced them.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here