Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

Help Identify An Old Leedy Drum

I’m requesting help identifying an old Leedy Drum. I’ve addressed some of the common questions below. It doesn’t seem to have any hoop hardware. Perhaps it was lost or discarded years ago.

The drum was supposedly used by a family member in the 1930s, but I’m not certain.

I’ve attached (hopefully) two pictures that might help. I can take and post more if needed.

1. Drum Shell Material – Wood

2. Drum Finish – Woodgrain (dark).

3. Drum Badge – Rectangular Leedy decal about 1 inch long and ¼ inch high. Black letters on gold.

4. Drum Dimensions -- Depth x Width – Approximately 9" x 14 1/2".

5. Interior Finish -- Natural.

6. Hardware Configuration – not sure.

7. Strainer Type – not sure.

8. Any defects, extra holes, finish problems, etc. Long crack and short crack near vent hole.

Posted on 16 years ago

Looks like a marching snare to me. Seeing that there is no lugs, I would assume it is a rope tension. Research the internet and you should be able to find out more.

BBK

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

This is probably a 40's drum. Attached is the photo. It had long thumb screws which you can find on Ebay.

Yours is decorated with a military theme, so it could have been produced closer to the war or during the war.

I hope that helps

David

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here