From gamer550

Thanks Drumaholic. Do you have any other thoughts on the cymbal? Age, rarity, value (not that I am looking to sell it, I'm not), or is Jaye pretty much right on, and has narrowed down the age as much as possible? How about the double stamp, does that make it more desirable or rare? Thanks again to Jaye and Drumaholic, this site is awesome!

Definitely 1930's but I can't say early or late right now because when it comes to 1930's A's, I usually have to consult my own timeline, and I don't have access to it right now. It is relatively rare, but not necessarily in high demand. They made a lot of 12" cymbals back then. If it was 16" or anything larger than that, then it would be a different story. Anyway it's probably worth somewhere around $100. That double stamping doesn't really help the value any. I can show you possibly half of dozen or so about like this. The truth is, few will pay any more than typical market value for trademark anomolies like this, unless they are fairly significant; and even then not much more. I recently sold an 18" with two trademarks from adjacent eras, and that one ended up selling for about $50 more than I expected. How much those trademarks had anything to do with it is anybody's guess though.