Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Help ID Slingerland Floor tom BDP

Hi, I am new here and this is my first post. I hope someone can help me ID this floor tom I picked up at a pawn shop. I have reserched it a little and it seems to be a non badge 16' Slingerland in Black Diamond Pearl. A couple tension screws missing, and maybe the bottom hoop changed. Wrap is very slightly loose at the seam. Can anyone tell me the year and if it has any value. Thanks, Mike

4 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Welcome I can't give you an age for your floor tom (others will be here soon with that info), but yes, it does have value. Nice looking, well preserved drum.

Posted on 14 years ago

I can't tell if those are push button leg mounts or not, but if they are:

The push button leg mounts were in use between '58 and '64. That fits with the double muffler, which changed to a single in the early sixties. So '58 to '64 would be my guess. Is there a date ink stamped on the interior of the shell, perhaps?

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Yes, they are the push button mounts. no date on the inside. thanks

Posted on 14 years ago

Are you looking to sell the tom?

I would be interested once you get an idea as to its' value.

Thanks

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Not sure if I will sell yet. I bought it along with a late 60's Premier set that is almost a perfect match in color. The Premier set had no floor. I have a set of starclassic's so I really don't need these and I may just sell them all.

Posted on 14 years ago

OK

I'm around here occasionally.......:)

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

From kevins

I can't tell if those are push button leg mounts or not, but if they are:The push button leg mounts were in use between '58 and '64. That fits with the double muffler, which changed to a single in the early sixties. So '58 to '64 would be my guess. Is there a date ink stamped on the interior of the shell, perhaps?

Hi, Kevins right on the date 58-64...The ink stamp inside of shell P-040 means the "P" is for pearl finish the 040 was the stock number of the wrap..B.D.P. Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

Did someone mention Premier? Do you have pics?

Posted on 14 years ago

I'll get pics of the Premier's. I'd still love to get an idea as to the value of the slingerland if anyone has any idea. thanks

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here