Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Help I.d. Please

I was doing a little inventory of my excess hi-hat stands today and am attempting to identify the manufacturer of one in particular that's got the following marking engraved on the pedal: FDS CHICAGO ILL.

Can any of you experts out there help me out with this one?

THANKS in advance for your time and your assistance!

Posted on 14 years ago

I don't know who manufactured it, but I'd guess "FDS" may be the late, lamented longtime Chicago institution Frank's Drum Shop.

Scott

From OldSchool

I was doing a little inventory of my excess hi-hat stands today and am attempting to identify the manufacturer of one in particular that's got the following marking engraved on the pedal: FDS CHICAGO ILL.Can any of you experts out there help me out with this one?THANKS in advance for your time and your assistance!

Posted on 14 years ago

http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=2899

Perhaps some clues in this old thread.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 14 years ago

Is it stamped, or the letters raised?

Bad eyes, brother

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

When I googled it this thread came up........DOH

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

ALL: THANKS so much for your input! I do appreciate it.

kevins: The letters are raised.

Posted on 14 years ago

From OldSchool

ALL: THANKS so much for your input! I do appreciate it.kevins: The letters are raised.

Would you think that points away from the Franks scenario?

I could see a drum shop labeling or stamping an item with an ID, but not a manufactorer of drum gear casting an item with a drum shop's initials.

Whaddaya think?

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

kevins: I tend to agree with you, thus my original inquiry.

Posted on 14 years ago

Yepper....

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Quote:

Originally Posted by havard

O-Lugs, you are quite right. On the underside of the footboard there is a WAMCO mark. Perhaps the pedal was made by WAMCO for Franks's Drum Shop?

Did Walberg and Auge make these pedals for Slingerland as well or is it just the same design as the Slingerland Krupa #836?

In the early days, Walberg made the hardware for Gretsch, Ludwig & Ludwig, WFL and Slingerland. Camco made it for Rogers (pre-swivomatic era of course) and later Slingerland, as well as for Geo. H Way drums (later Camco themselves). Leedy was the only drum company to manufacture their own hardware. They did everything in house. Walberg was the biggest manufacturer of drum hardware at onetime, before the manufacturers started making it either in-house or farming their own designs out to someone.

I would agree its a Walberg stand made for Frank's Drum Shop. Frank's had that kind of clout (and large customer base) back then so I'm sure it was a possibility.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here