Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Help ID a Japanese import set

This set consists of dark wood grain wrapped 12x8 and 13x9 toms and 20x14 bass drum with metal snare.Round blue badges with "made in japan" in a circle D' Drummer and a five point star.

Posted on 17 years ago

Sounds like early Tama - Star was the brand I believe, or maybe Royal Star?

Any chance of a photo or 3?

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 17 years ago

Quoted post

Sounds like early Tama - Star was the brand I believe, or maybe Royal Star?Any chance of a photo or 3?

Sorry no photos um the badge is the eleventh one down on the left side of the japanese badge page.Says Made in Japan.They must be generic.The hard ware isn't the greatest in the world either.Generic!

Posted on 17 years ago

I believe that the consensus is, most drums which came out of Japan in the 60's and 70's, with a multitude of badges/names, were actually manufactured by either Pearl or Tama (before they took those names).

I'm sure there were some other factories producing drums as well, but the majority came out of those two factories.

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 17 years ago

I guess their just isn't enough data recorded out there.Or if their is probably language barriers came into play. Its a fuzzy little piece of history that we may never fully know about again.Thanks anyway Big Daddy!

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here