Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Help! I need parts for couple of MIJ star kits

i'm trying to sort out a couple of MIJ kits i got recently and they are both star/tama but one's got the "A model" lugs with 3 stripped BD lug-nuts.

Anybody got a few of those lying around, I've got the springs.

Hey guys I'm new here so forgive if I'm not doin this right! thanks

Posted on 13 years ago

From vj_killergig

i'm trying to sort out a couple of MIJ kits i got recently and they are both star/tama but one's got the "A model" lugs with 3 stripped BD lug-nuts.Anybody got a few of those lying around, I've got the springs. Hey guys I'm new here so forgive if I'm not doin this right! thanks

Hi, Yes i have the inserts that you need do you know if they are the thin metric ones or the bigger metric threads one's...I have them both alot with alot of vintage 60's-70's parts.....Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

From MIKEY777

Hi, Yes i have the inserts that you need do you know if they are the thin metric ones or the bigger metric threads one's...I have them both alot with alot of vintage 60's-70's parts.....Mikey

OH man thanks Mikey! This looks like a Star/Tama stencil, no badge, late 60s I think. I don't know the difference in the lug threads but I can post a pic if that's any help, or you have other suggestions??

vic

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

From vj_killergig

OH man thanks Mikey! This looks like a Star/Tama stencil, no badge, late 60s I think. I don't know the difference in the lug threads but I can post a pic if that's any help, or you have other suggestions??vic

Hi Vic, Could you post a photo of the T-rod thread's? This will tell me what you need,and if i can't tell by photo i can sent you both tpe's of insert's so you know you will have the right one's..Yes your bass drum is a Star stencil one you can tell this by the tom mount that on it...Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

From MIKEY777

Hi Vic, Could you post a photo of the T-rod thread's? This will tell me what you need,and if i can't tell by photo i can sent you both tpe's of insert's so you know you will have the right one's..Yes your bass drum is a Star stencil one you can tell this by the tom mount that on it...Mikey

Hey Mikey, You got it, will this photo do?

this is the same thread as the T-rods on my Model G lug "revelles" (which happens to need a whole set of rods and claws for the one side) both kits match up on threads all around even though the lugs and rods are different models. I've got a mismatched black rim there for now but would love to find an original chrome rim like the one in the 72 catalog! Not likely to ever find one with the right wrap for the strip though, probably. Anyway: Peacock Pearl (from that same catalog) far out! cool as hell

2 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

From vj_killergig

Hey Mikey, You got it, will this photo do? this is the same thread as the T-rods on my Model G lug "revelles" (which happens to need a whole set of rods and claws for the one side) both kits match up on threads all around even though the lugs and rods are different models. I've got a mismatched black rim there for now but would love to find an original chrome rim like the one in the 72 catalog! Not likely to ever find one with the right wrap for the strip though, probably. Anyway: Peacock Pearl (from that same catalog) far out! cool as hell

Yes i have the insert's the one's you need are the fat metric thread's...If i recall right i also have the 8 T-rods that you are missing like in the photo you posted...have to check on the claws.....Mikey....P.S. best to email me my P.M. box will be full by tonights end.....

Posted on 13 years ago

From MIKEY777

Yes i have the insert's the one's you need are the fat metric thread's...If i recall right i also have the 8 T-rods that you are missing like in the photo you posted...have to check on the claws.....Mikey....P.S. best to email me my P.M. box will be full by tonights end.....

hey Mikey!

Alright!

the claws and rods I need are the Star model G like on the front of my other kit, these revelles here, is that a good enough shot of the hardware on there?

thanks

vic

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

From vj_killergig

hey Mikey!Alright! the claws and rods I need are the Star model G like on the front of my other kit, these revelles here, is that a good enough shot of the hardware on there?thanks vic

Vic, Oh so you need the T-rods and claws like the one's on the photo of the set you posted...I think i have them let me get a count later today i will let you know..By the way the Star one's you need are Copy's for 60s Sonor T-rods/claws..but the thread in metric...Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

From MIKEY777

Vic, Oh so you need the T-rods and claws like the one's on the photo of the set you posted...I think i have them let me get a count later today i will let you know..By the way the Star one's you need are Copy's for 60s Sonor T-rods/claws..but the thread in metric...Mikey

Thanks for the info man, very good thanks for your time too. Vic

Posted on 13 years ago

Hey Vic, i have the T-rods and 4 claws that you need for the star bass drum also the other 3 inserts too...Email me or P/M thanks Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here