Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Help Finding Heads for Vintage Snare Drum

Hi!

Can anyone help me find a head for my very old Hawkes snare drum?

It's a little bit over 14", & regular heads don't fit.

I live in western Canada.

I tried putting a US Vintage head on it, but it too was slightly too small (though closer), & I even popped one of the lug thingies off trying to get it on. ('scuse my lack of technical terminology ~ I'm actually a bass player....).

I shall be in London in August; does anyone know of a place where I might be able to pick up a head that's the right size?

I'd so like to be able to get it in playing shape.

Thanx!

Buddy

Posted on 16 years ago

From Buddy

Hi!Can anyone help me find a head for my very old Hawkes snare drum?It's a little bit over 14", & regular heads don't fit.I live in western Canada.I tried putting a US Vintage head on it, but it too was slightly too small (though closer), & I even popped one of the lug thingies off trying to get it on. ('scuse my lack of technical terminology ~ I'm actually a bass player....).I shall be in London in August; does anyone know of a place where I might be able to pick up a head that's the right size?I'd so like to be able to get it in playing shape.Thanx!Buddy

Try Aquarian Vintage Heads

Posted on 16 years ago

Thanks.

It was an Aquarian that I tried to put on that wouldn't quite fit.

Posted on 16 years ago

No, try these..................

http://www.aquariandrumheads.com/products/display.asp?id=9

Slingerland Zildjian Aquarian
Posted on 16 years ago

From Buddy

[SIZE="1"]Hi!Can anyone help me find a head for my very old Hawkes snare drum?It's a little bit over 14", & regular heads don't fit.I live in western Canada.I tried putting a US Vintage head on it, but it too was slightly too small (though closer), & I even popped one of the lug thingies off trying to get it on. ('scuse my lack of technical terminology ~ I'm actually a bass player....).I shall be in London in August; does anyone know of a place where I might be able to pick up a head that's the right size?I'd so like to be able to get it in playing shape.Thanx!Buddy[/SIZE]

Remo will make special sizes also. But be forwarned, it'll take an act of congress to get it done as most music stores don't wish to be bothered. I believe the price is based on the next natural size up.

[COLOR=#FFFFFF].

[/COLOR]

Most respect the badge, but all fear the drum.

Things to share
Thanks are implied
You are always welcome
Listen To BONHAM here!!
ViperSpace
Posted on 16 years ago

From Vipercussionist

Remo will make special sizes also. But be forwarned, it'll take an act of congress to get it done as most music stores don't wish to be bothered. I believe the price is based on the next natural size up.

True, most music stores don't want to take the time and give good service to their customers. If yours won't, find another store that will!

Also, I've ordered custom heads from REMO 8 to 12 weeks, at this writting, to get your heads. You should call REMO to find out what the lead time is.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here