Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

HELP.. Champagne or Gingeraled Silver??

What color do you guys think this Tower snare is??

1 attachments
Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

I vote Ginger Beer with a Platinum wig. That sure looks ginger aled to me. Hard to tell, though. Have you removed a lug and checked?

Posted on 15 years ago

It's in CA, I'm in OH... and the fellow that has it is calling it silver with little orange flakes. :(

Posted on 15 years ago

I'm thinkin' it should be lookin' at the inside of box, flyin' over my house to an airport near you, no matter which. That is one nice lookin drum. If it has BIN, and it's reasonable, who cares? I vote for little orange flake sparkling glass!! Wasn't that a name? Oh....ok then....

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 15 years ago

Looks too pink to be ginger ale. I vote for champagne sparkle, but pics can be misleading (lighting, angle, etc...)

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 15 years ago

I can see why you came here based on that seller's non responsive responses.

Isn't this an example of "gingeraled"? If so I would say champagne on that snare.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370248631770&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Posted on 15 years ago

Mr. Jstix I strongly agree BUT I made a promise to my lovely bride that I would only buy three more drums this year...

1. A "gingeraled" tower snare. 2. a red sparkle Slingerland mounted tom black bronze, no numbers, (or perhaps unbadged) double pad muffler vintage. 3. a Slingerland red sparkle floor tom same vintage.

mcjnic.. I love the way you think man .. but I'm afraid it's only wishful thinking on my part.

Big Daddy.. the voice of reason... yep too strong on the color.

Knavel... good comparison kit.. that probably sews up the champagne vote.

Here's another gingeraled kit... :) in my house with a non-matching silver snare.

1 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago

Nice kit - It still has a ways to go before it's ginger ale'd properly...

Like this ;)

[IMG]http://www.bulldawgsound.com/drums/drum%20pics/Kent-studio.jpg[/IMG]

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 15 years ago

Jim,

I picked up the drum at the auction although the seller is giving me a hard time since my registered ebay address in in the UK even though I am asking him to ship to my brother's address in California! 11 years on ebay and I've not come across anything like this....You should probably be glad you are not part of this one!

Anyhow assuming this gets sorted out, I'll ask my brother to examine and let me know. I bought it to match a champagne Gretsch set I have so if it doesn't and turns out to be Vernors (the ginger ale of MI where I grew up) then I might get in touch---I'll have to think about it as not necessarily looking for a killer match since my Gretsch already has a matching snare...I bought it to have in the studio based on what I've read about how great Towers are and how bad Gretsch snares are!

It may be awhile before all this is sorted out since my champagne set has yet to be delivered to me (long story), but if you want I'll try to get my brother to send a real pic and I'll revive this thread at that time.

At the end of the day seems like a decent deal if getting that missing piece is not too expensive and there are no other undisclosed issues. Here are the other pics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160359370225&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Posted on 15 years ago

From knavel

Anyhow assuming this gets sorted out, I'll ask my brother to examine and let me know. I bought it to match a champagne Gretsch set I have so if it doesn't and turns out to be Vernors (the ginger ale of MI where I grew up) then I might get in touch---I'll have to think about it as not necessarily looking for a killer match since my Gretsch already has a matching snare...I bought it to have in the studio based on what I've read about how great Towers are and how bad Gretsch snares are!

I spent some time as a Yooper. Lake Superior State U. was one of the bastions of brain juju I attended. Loved my time in the UP. Remember Vernors well. cool.

Why would Towers be so sweet? Is it the lack of hardware that allows them to ring out more? I wonder if it's similar to the Pioneer/JazzFest thingy. Interesting. I would love to see an A/B of those.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here