Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Hello...New poster...

Hi there, just found this site...amazing!!...can't wait to spend time here...

My name is Seimon Pugh-Jones, I'm a photographer,based in Wales...Been playing drums (Badly) for about 27 years or so...I collect 1940s bits and pieces, and would love to have a 1930s/40s drum kit. Is this a realistic wish?

Kind regards,

Seimon

Posted on 16 years ago

Welcome to the forum and SURE it's possible to get a 30's-40's kit. What brand name do you like? Do you have an EBay account? There are lots of drums and sets available through online auctions. But, depending on how deep your pockets are and what kind of condition you are looking for, it might take awhile to get the "right" one. What, specifically, are you looking for? What drummers from that era are you into? Sid Catlett? Baby Dodds? Krupa? Burger Kin

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

Welcome to the forum and SURE it's possible to get a 30's-40's kit. What brand name do you like? Do you have an EBay account? There are lots of drums and sets available through online auctions. But, depending on how deep your pockets are and what kind of condition you are looking for, it might take awhile to get the "right" one. What, specifically, are you looking for? What drummers from that era are you into? Sid Catlett? Baby Dodds? Krupa? Burger Kin

Hey, thanks for the welcome .....Ref Kit:-That's great news.

My Girlfriend and I both collect WW2 American Uniforms, I've done quite a few things for TV and film using my uniform collection....one of the last was a documentary on a Welsh Jazz musician, where we had to create a 1940s village dance.... I've got some old drums (I'll post pics soon) a 1930s Premier Bass drum in a Gold sparkle (Took the heads off, and found the owners autograph and date written inside) I've also have a very twisted wooden snare in a black and white painted finish,1930s I think.

Basically, I'd like to put together a playable kit that would be typical of what the GIs would have played on, in Britain during WW2...I would like it to be 100% accurate with no modern "Make do's"...

Make, well I've always liked Premier...but not too botherd..

(I have a Tama Rockstar)

I suppose I'd like to finish off what I have already have. I need snare stand, hi-hat, pedal...and then look out for something bigger and more complete in the new year....

Cheers,

Seimon

Posted on 16 years ago

British-made drums are a little bit out of my area of expertise. You might also try posting this subject in the "Non-USA made" drum section.....

http://www.vintagesnaredrums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23

There is a rather knowledgeable fellow who knows a lot of history in regards to British drums who monitors that section.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Hi O-Lugs, Thanks for that... I'll check that thread out also.

I'm more than happy to consider any make of kit...I would think that an American 30s kit would be quite acceptable in this scenario...Having been bought and shipped over before WW2, and "adopted" by the GIs in Wartime Britain.

Cheers.....Seimon.

Posted on 16 years ago

Hi , I'm new to posting on a forum. How does one start a new post. There doesn't seem to be a special icon to click .The Dinosaur .

Posted on 16 years ago

Hi There!! In the upper left corner, above the thread subjects, in the selected forum area such as Vintage Drums. There is a "Start New Post". Click that, once you are in the desired discussion area of course, and post your question or whatever. Welcome!!

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here