Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

Hello

Just discovered this site, so I haven't had time to look around at all...but I will! I have a blue agate Rogers set that I've owned since...1969? Recently saw it on tv...some HD channel with Marty Haugan (?) Not my style music, but I was channel-flipping and spotted...my set! Bought it used for $350 then. Recently set it up next to my DW redwood burl set (www.guitarcenter.com/dwredwoodburl) at my church, and the voting was 50/50. I know I like the 8" Dynasonic better than the DW for sure. (Have a 6" too.) I just thought it was pretty cool (and a good metaphor for life) that a 50+ year old was just as good as a young hot-shot.Cool1

Probably a stupid question...but what kind of wood is the Holiday Series?

Posted on 15 years ago

:confused:

Posted on 15 years ago

Hello... sounds like a beauty kit.. get a picture out there in the gallery for us! :)

According to The Rogers Book..

Prior to 1970 the shells were cross laminated. it was maple, poplar, maple on the high-end Rogers drums and sometimes mahogany, poplar, mahogany on the lower-end drums.

Maple for the reinforcing rings..

I think I got that right.. check page 118

http://books.google.com/books?id=Snb5FKut-rIC&pg=PA118&lpg=PA118&dq=holiday+3+ply+shell+wood+rogers+plys&source=web&ots=HNBF2k852H&sig=_Rm7f9Srku4sq6gx9PP8hhxmXM4&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result#PPA118,M1

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

Hello... sounds like a beauty kit.. get a picture out there in the gallery for us! :)According to The Rogers Book..Prior to 1970 the shells were cross laminated. it was maple, poplar, maple on the high-end Rogers drums and sometimes mahogany, poplar, mahogany on the lower-end drums.Maple for the reinforcing rings..I think I got that right.. check page 118http://books.google.com/books?id=Snb5FKut-rIC&pg=PA118&lpg=PA118&dq=holiday+3+ply+shell+wood+rogers+plys&source=web&ots=HNBF2k852H&sig=_Rm7f9Srku4sq6gx9PP8hhxmXM4&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result#PPA118,M1

>>>

Thanks. Yeah, I'll get pics up soon...along with serial #'s etc so I can maybe figure out exactly what year they're from. I have two chrome Dynos. One bought for $40, the other I found and traded the original Ludwig snare that came with the set for. (No idea of value of Ludwig vs Dyno, but it just seemed like the thing to do). I also have an old Rogers catalog.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here