Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

hello!

hi,my name is doug and i'm sure glad i found this site! as a teen my dad bought me a 1971 Ludwig black oyster double bass kit (similar to ginger baker's) with the double mounted tom stand. the bass drum sizes were 22" and 24" with 1 floor tom and internal mufflers(which i loved!) it had the blue/olive badge. i'm sure i saw it in the 1971 catalog. i remember it sounded great but at age 20 (4 yrs. after i bought it due to economic reasons i sold it.) my questions are: what did it originally sell for with just the high hat and cymbal stands and 2 speed king pedals-minus cymbals. what would it sell for today if any are available? what was the model of this ludwig kit? what model of chrome snare came with this kit? what other history is known and was this a good selling kit and what were the overall reviews? i have pictures of the kit on my computer but i don't know how to post it! i'm sorry i don't have any serial numbers or anything. any info would be apprciated. thanks!

Posted on 17 years ago

Welcome!Cool Welcome

Jack

:D

http://Rogers Owners Forum
Posted on 17 years ago

This kit?

David

1 attachments
Posted on 17 years ago

david,you are the man! exactly! i finally learned how to post photos from my computer directly to the message board so disregard my other posts!sorry about that. david,were these drums big sellers at the time? were these high end drums by ludwig? how about the sound quality (for the time vs. today) does ludwig make something comparable in sound to these(with the internal mufflers today? thanks again!

Posted on 17 years ago

DOH! I just responded to the other thread, but itr looks like you found the info you were looking for!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here