Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.65762%

Hello to you all.

It's great to finally be able to access this site.It's been about a month since I joined and was able to get in to post.

Some of you may know me from Harmony central ,Tightheads or Drum forum.org.I am a recently avid Slingerland collector . I can't seen to pass one up these days . I don't play my slingies just collect them and try and restore them to the original splendor which they were born with. When I finally complete a set I will play them though.

At this time I have a '66 era gold sparkle four piece which is my most complete set so far.It came with a Shelbyville badge snare in perfect condition(with the exception of the heads and wires not being stock)(Yes thats how anal I am about restorations).

Second kit is a '64 Champaigne sparkle kit less the snare.This thing really has me going at this time for finding original parts. The wrap is perfect,with the exception of extra holes drilled in the floor tom.More on that as I post pics of kits.

My very piece was a 2007 Radio king snare in clear maple. Hardly played this thing as of yet .I bought it new for recording and just didn't get to take it out out.

Recently I came across two marching bass drums 70's era that are huge 26" and 28" I will be converting these to a trap kit bass drums as soon as I can find clamp on spurs( can't blame me for destroying original works of art , LOL)

The two came with a lot of band equipment that a local shop just wouldn't seperate.So I ended up with a few slingy marching snares ,a Ludwig marching snare and two marching toms.

I will be selling most of the lot off,less the bass and one slingy snare.So keep an eye on the for sale section here and the aforementioned sites.I am going to be selling them for piece cost when I bring them all home.By the way red sparkle on all of these , and excellent condition.

I have a good bunch of stores in my area that sell off , orphan drums and kits of the vintage variety.I try and find home for these wayward children of the stick . It's just a sickness , I enjoy helping others find rebuild pieces as much as finding one item I need for a restoration.

So I hope to deal with you all in here one way or another, and help bring vintage kits back together to the glory of the day they were born.

Fraternally yours,

Ernie

Posted on 15 years ago

Hi there! Welcome!

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

Welcome Aboard!

(gee, it seems that you can't write the word W-e-l-c-o-m-e without it turning into a Welcome)

Hey Ernie Backrub - I have to ask how your marching bass drum to kick drum conversion is going / has gone. It's something I'm considering my self with a 26" X 10" drum.

ps - I, too, have some Champagne Slingers :)

...but when he played on his drum, he made the stars explode....
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here